What is Tron Bridge？
Tron Bridge is a cross-chain bridge developed by Tokenlon. Now you can utilize Tron Bridge to one-click transfer USDT from the TRON network to ETH mainnet, eliminating cumbersome exchange deposit/withdraw procedures for smoother cross-chain transactions.
How to use Tron Bridge？
- Copy the ETH receiving address in advance (unless already saved in address book)
- Ensure there’s 30-50 non-staked TRX or 1 non-staked TRX + 4000 staked TRX in the current wallet. This is to obtain enough Energy to pay the transaction fees. (please read FAQ 1 for fee structure)
1. Head to the imToken Tron wallet homepage, slide the top navigation bar to the left for ‘Bridge’, and click to open.
2. On the Tron Bridge page, enter the number of USDT you’d like to bridge and the receiving ETH address, then click ‘Confirm to send’ - ‘Next’ to enter the wallet password. Then wait for the transaction to be successfully sent.
- If the ETH address is already saved in the address book, please click the button to open the address book and select the receiving address
- To switch TRX wallets, you can click the button on the right of the Tron address
3. A transaction usually takes about 2 minutes, and the transaction time depends on mainnet’s block confirmation. When the transaction status shows ‘Send success’, the USDT will have been received by the ETH address.
1. Why am I prompted with ‘Not enough Energy or TRX for the transaction after intiating a transaction？
When you initiate a cross-chain transaction, you’re actually initiating a USDT + Note (MEMO) transaction.
On the TRX network, initiating a USDT transaction requires energy and bandwidth as fees, initiating a Note (MEMO) requires 1 TRX as a fee.
Thus, your wallet needs to have enough energy and bandwidth + 1 TRX as a fee when initiating a cross-chain transaction on Tron bridge.
How to get Energy and bandwidth？
Method 1: Burn TRX (recommended)
Transfer 30 - 50 TRX tokens into the Tron wallet, and the TRX will be automatically burned to offset the required bandwidth and Energy.
Method 2: Freeze TRX
Enter ‘Tron Stake 2.0’ in the imToken Browse page will bring you to the Tron resource management page. Based on daily Energy and bandwidth requirements:
- Energy: Freeze 4000 TRX recommended
- Bandwidth: Upon activation, the TRX account receives free bandwidth everyday to meet cross-chain transaction requirements
After unfreezing TRX, there’s a cooldown period of 14 days before you can retrieve it.
- If you choose to freeze TRX to get Energy and bandwidth, your wallet must also contain at least 1 TRX as a fee for Note (MEMO)
- This fee is collected by the Tron network
2. What should I do if I don’t have any TRX?
You can buy the required 30 - 50 TRX via Moonpay. You can also purchase the TRX from an exchange and transfer it to the Tron wallet.
3. How to check the transaction history？
Open the Tron wallet, click ‘Bridge’ - ‘History’ to view the transaction records of the account.
4. How does Tokenlon charge fees？
Tiered fees based on transaction amount (2 levels):
- For transactions ≤ $2000, the fee is $5
- For transactions > $2000, the fee is 0.3%
5. Why haven’t I received the USDT from the ETH network？
Please open the Tron wallet, click ‘Bridge’ - ‘History’, and then click the corresponding transaction to check the details.
- ‘In progress’ - please wait until the transaction is successful
- ‘Cross-chain transaction failed’ - this transaction has failed
- ‘Send success’ - please check if you have received the USDT in the ETH wallet
For further assistance, please take a screenshot and contact us at email@example.com
6. Is there a transaction limit for single cross-chain transactions？
Currently Tokenlon supports a single cross-chain transaction of 10 - 15,000 USDT. Subsequent updates will be reflected in announcements.
7. Can I initiate the next cross-chain transaction before the previous one is completed？
Yes. Waiting for the previous transaction is not required. The cross-chain transaction in progress page can be closed and multiple transactions can be initiated simultaneously after exiting.
8. Does it support ENS addresses？
9. What assets does Tron Bridge support？
Currently it only supports USDT from Tron to ETH mainnet. We will gradually support more cross-chain assets in the future.